Hazelnut Gelato Mix
8 scoops of delicious hazelnut gelato
Preparation with gelato/ice cream maker.
You will need:
455ml whole milk.
A gelato/ice cream maker.
- Pour into a blender 455ml. cold whole milk 3,25% and 210gr Hazelnut Gelato Mix. Mix at high speed for approximately 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a gelato maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. We recommend freezing (-18°C) the gelato for 30 minutes prior to serving.
For gelato/ice cream maker without own freezing mechanism, the freezer bowl must be completely frozen before you begin your recipe.
Preparation without gelato/ice cream maker.
You will need:
225ml whipping cream.
230ml whole milk.
An electric mixer with whisk attachment.
A mould suitable for freezer.
- Blend thoroughly 230ml of milk and 210gr Hazelnut Gelato Mix.
- Gently whip 225ml of whipping cream to a medium peak consistency.
- Add the milk mixture to the whipped cream and whip for 2 more minutes.
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours or until desired consistency is achived.
Tips from the chef:
Do you like crunchy bits in your gelato?
Cut some hazelnut in half, then into quarters. Cut each quarter in 3 pieces. Each piece should be about 5mm in size.
Before removing the gelato from the gelato maker and while the machine is still going, add into the container some chopped hazelnut and let it mix for a few seconds.
If you prefer caramelised hazelnuts.
Put water (10ml.) and sugar (75gr.) into a small pan and bring to a boil to make a syrup.
Pour 150gr of chopped hazelnut into the syrup and stir continuously until the sugar has caramelised. The syrup will crystallise and look white at first, but will eventually turn into caramel as you continue to stir.
Once caramelised, take off the heat, add 15gr. of butter, a pinch of salt and mix until incorporated evenly.
Cool and divide into pieces:
Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and let cool completely. While the mixture is still hot, try to divide the pieces as much as possible with the spatula.
Once the caramelised hazenuts are completely cool, rub the larger chunks between your hands to break them up into individual pieces.
These caramelised crunchy roasted hazelnut pieces take chopped hazelnuts to the next level with a deep roasty caramel flavour with a glassy and satisfying crunch.
They are an amazing topping for gelato, mousse, or even just on its own.
Ingredients: sugars (sugar, dextrose, glucose, rice syrup, fructose), hazelnuts, modified milk ingredients, palm oïl, mono- and diglycerides, cellulose gum, tara gum, carrageenan, flavours. Contains: milk. May contain: traces of other nuts and soy